Designation: Head of Communications
Experience: 7-9 years
Location: Bandra (W), Mumbai
Candidate and job summary
The Head of Communications will oversee a team of professionals to handle executive communications, public relations, investor relations, internal communications, government relations and strategic communications. This position requires a results-driven, dynamic leader to work closely with multiple internal stakeholders, business leaders, and the Executive team.
- Responsible for managing all corporate communication activities across various channels, as well as expanding our thought leadership platform to drive media and analyst coverage, executive engagement, and sales.
- Communications Strategy and execution for public relations, investor relations, internal communications, government relations and strategic communications.
- Develop and execute strategic internal and external communications plans to support objectives and shape positive business outcomes
- Own strategy, process and execution for crisis communications
- Develop and create a wide range of communications materials including blog posts, communications plans, reactive statements, briefing materials for executives and more
- Develop and lead our overall communications strategy, ensuring it is aligned with the company’s leadership and the needs of our creators.
- Support International expansion efforts by developing a communications strategy for each new region and executing with both speed and efficiency
- Media Relations for inbound/reactive press enquiries and outbound/proactive media outreach, inclusive of oversight of all media interviews and external speaking appearances for corporate executives, local market executives.
- Corporate Crisis Communications and issues management in response to anticipated and ongoing situations.
- Internal Communications strategy development and management of execution across all touchpoints, supporting HR, Government Affairs, etc.
- Agency Management of all external communications and PR partners.
- Ad hoc communications needs as they arise.
- BA/BS required. MBA or relevant advanced degree preferred.
- At least 7+ years of experience in communications roles, both in-house or at a PR agency
- Experience with B2B SAAS based company in international market.
- Superior writing, proofreading and editing abilities
- Excellent communicator and collaborator who energizes teammates and serves as a brand ambassador
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent time management skills including the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Interpersonal skills to facilitate work with a wide range of individuals and groups
- Ability to use a variety of personal computer software applications
- Experience collaborating with key resources and stakeholders, influencing decisions and managing work to achieve strategic goals
- Experience managing complex issues for multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment;
Nice to have
- Entrepreneurial and results-driven approach, looking to tie PR programmes to measurable business results
- Start-up or emerging company experience in building out a new communications programme and team.